Budapestrun 10K Rádió 1 Race
Date: 12:15 27 August 2017
Race centre and finish area: Budapest, Heroes’ Square
Start: Olimpiai park
Organizer: Budapestman Kft and the Hungarian Triathlon Union
Race office: 3 Pacsirtamező street 1036 Budapest, Hungary (opening hours: 10:00-18:00)
Head referee: Mr Jenő Molnár
Director of the race: Mr Csaba Bajnógel
Website of the race: http://budapestman.hu
The goal of the race is to organize a premium category 10 km Triathlon Championship in Budapest where international athletes, as well as Hungarian ones, compete for the trophy of the most spectacular race of the Hungarian capital.
Distance: 10 km running
Park Olimpiai – Id. Antall József emb.- Jane Haining emb. – Pesti alsó emb. – TURN (Fővám sq.) – Pesti alsó emb.– Jane Haining rkp. – Eötvös sq. – József Attila st.– Bajcsy Zsilinszky rd. – Nyugati felüljáró – Váci rd. – Ferdinánd chain – Lehel st. – Dózsa György rd. – Heroes’ Square
- 10 km male individual race
- 10 km female individual race
You have 80 minutes after the start to cover the 10 km distance. A bus is coming at the end of the field and picks up the athletes that are out of the time limit.
This year, all the participants of the Budapestrun 10K Rádió 1 round will receive a runner’s technical T-shirt in their starting package and a D24 non-alcoholic beer at the finish line as a present. In order to ensure a uniform visual image, please use the T-shirt in your starting package in the race. Thanks!
Everybody crossing the finish line will receive our medal and 1-3 place winners will be given a cup and a gift parcel.
Heroes’ Square, 13:30 Sunday, 27 August 2017
There are two refreshment stations in the 10 km course to compensate for the loss of liquid and calories. We will offer refreshment also at the finish area.
- Refreshment station 1: Havas street
- Refreshment station 2: Ferdinánd bridge
Planned programmes (under organisation):
- Collective warmup
- Rádió 1 DJs at the mixing console
- You can register online until 18 August 2017.
- You can register in person from Monday, 21 August 2017 to Friday, 25 August 2017 in Maratonman Óbuda runners’ shop by only cash (3 Pacsirtamező street 1036 Budapest, Hungary; telephone: +36 70 605 7415). Opening hours: 10:00 -18:00.
- You can also register on-site before the race in limited numbers: 10:00-14:00 Saturday, 26 August 2017 in the race centre at Heroes’ Square or 10:00-11:30 on the day of the race in the race office in the starting area.
- Click HERE for the registration fees.
- We suggest that you shouldn’t leave registration for the last moment and register now online with a discount!
Collecting starting numbers the week before the race:
- Collect your starting number the week of the race and spend the last minutes before the race with warmup and tuneup!
- You can collect your starting number as early as the week of the race from Tuesday, 22 August 2017 to Friday, 25 August 2017 in person in Maratonman Óbuda runners’ shop (13 Pacsirtamező street 1036 Budapest, Hungary; telephone: +36 70 605 7415). Opening hours: 10:00 -18:00.
- If you also want to collect others’ starting package, please bring along an authorisation or a confirmation email from the given person. You can do so 10:00-14:00 Saturday, 26 August 2017 in the race centre at Heroes’ Square or 10:00-11:30 on the day of the race in the race office in the starting area. You can download a blank authorisation form here.
- Only athletes with a starting number will be allowed to enter the starting zone.
Zones, parking, transportation:
- The supporters’ zone will be built around the finish line at the Heroes’ Square.
- Functions you will also find in the starting area are a registration office, an information desk and toilets.
- Parking: you cannot park on the lower wharf on the day of the race so we suggest that you use public transport to come to the site.
Professional photographers are taking photos of you at different points of the course and at the finish line but please take into account that we cannot guarantee if we can take a photograph of every participant. You can download the photographs free of charge from the website of the race.
Runners’ rules of conduct:
- Please run on the right-hand side of the track and always pull out and take over on the left.
- If you are running in pairs and you hear that someone would like to take over, let the faster runner pass you!
- Please choose a realistic starting zone!
- If you are slower, don’t keep up runners who want to have a better time. It doesn’t matter when you cross the starting line because the measure net times.
- Please, keep the race centre clean and make sure you put the packaging of the energy bars and gels into the dustbin when you leave the refreshment stations. Thank you for helping our work.
- You will find every necessary supplement you need to arrive to the next station in the refreshment stations of the Budapestrun race. Gels, energy bars and bananas will all be there. You will have everything so please don’t build stocks because you won’t need them. Click HERE and check out the details.
- We kindly ask all the runners who smoke to smoke only in the dedicated areas of the race centre.
- Don’t let people without starting numbers run next to you because we will remove any athlete without starting numbers from the running track. We think it’s unjust that people who paid the registration fee are held up by those who are trying to get a ‘free ride’.
Run with us and register with an ONLINE DISCOUNT!