Olympic distance Hungarian Championship 2017 BUDAPESTMAN
Date: 27 August 2017
Place and race centre: Budapest, Heroes’ Square
Organizer: Budapestman Kft and the Hungarian Triathlon Union
Race office: 3 Pacsirtamező street 1036 Budapest, Hungary, Maratonman Óbuda (opening hours: 10:00-18:00)
Head Referee: Mr Jenő Molnár
Director of the race: Mr Csaba Bajnógel
The goal of the race is to organize a premium category, Olympic distance Hungarian Triathlon Championship in Budapest where international athletes, as well as Hungarian ones, compete for the trophy of the most spectacular race of the Hungarian capital.
Distance: Olympic distance that consists of 1.5 km swimming, 40 km cycling and 10 km running.
The description of the cycling course:
Lupa beach –
Tó str. -Lupaszigeti str. – Gát str. – Királyok rd. – Nánási rd. – Gázgyár str. – Angel Sanz Briz rd. – Slachta Margit emb. – Angelo Rotta emb. – Szethlo Gábor emb. – Halász str. – Bem emb. – Jégverem str.- Fö str. – Clark Ádám sq.- TUNNEL – TURN – TUNNEL – Clark Ádám sq . – Lánchíd str. – Ybl Miklós sq. – Várkert emb. – Döbrentei sq. – Friedrich Born emb. – Raoul Wallenberg emb. – Valdemar and Nina Langlet – emb. – Budai emb. – TURN -Budai alsó emb. – Valdemar and Nina Langlet emb. – Raoul Wallenberg emb. – FriedrichBorn emb. – Döbrentei sq. – Várkert emb. – Ybl Miklós sq. – Lánchíd str. – Clark Ádám sq. – Chain Bridge – Eötvös sq. – Jane Haining emb. – Id. Antall József emb. – Carl Lutz emb. -TURN (Dráva str.) – Carl Lutz emb. – Id. Antall József emb. – Jane Haining emb. – Pesti emb. – TURN (Fövám sq.) – Pesti emb. – Jane Haining emb. – Eötvös sq. – József Attila str. – Bajcsy Zsilinszky str. – OVERPASS – Váci rd. – Ferdinánd Chain – UNDERPASS – Lehel str. – Dózsa György rd.
– Heroes’ Square
The description of the running course:
Heroes’ Square –
– Olof Palmes prom. – TURN – Olof Palmes prom. – The Heroes’ Square – Kós Károly prom.– TURN– Kós Károly prom.
– Heroes’ Square
Time-limit: 4 hours and 30 minutes
Evaluated categories and rounds:
- Pro male and female round: Hungarian elite license holders and anyone who wants to compete for the prize-money can start in this round. They will not be evaluated in any other categories
- Age Group rounds:
– Age Group absolute male and female rounds
– Hungarian and foreign athletes in age-group breakdown; athletes of the pro category will not be evaluated here.
- Olympic distance Hungarian Championship male and female round: only Hungarian athletes can compete in the Hungarian Championship in an age breakdown. Athletes of the pro category will not be evaluated here.
- Relay race for 2-5 pax of group.
- Every individual athlete who arrives within the time limit will receive a medal and a Finisher T-shirt
- The first 3 place winners will be given a special medal and cup
If any Hungarian athlete comes in a prize-money winning position in both the absolute and the Hungarian evaluation, they will receive both prizes.
Timing: We will use chip timing in the race.
Rules of group riding:
No group riding is allowed during cycling. Referees will give a time penalty of 2 minutes for the violation of this rule to be served in the PENALTY ZONE at the end of the cycling when leaving the depot. The athletes that do not serve their penalty will be disqualified from the race.
Rules about equipment:
- Athletes are only allowed to unbuckle their cycling helmets after their cycle has been replaced to its storage rack.
- Compression socks are only allowed for swimming, if the use of neoprene is authorized. Pre-start check-in is obligatory and athletes who miss it will be disqualified from the race.
- It is FORBIDDEN to use mobile phones, music players or other sound technology devices with earphones. Athletes who violate this rule will be immediately disqualified.
- The regulations of the Hungarian Triathlon Union will be applicable in the race.
Refreshments: We provide all refreshments in the entire race with a cooperation of High5. click HERE for the details.
We invite the participants for a pasta party in the Heroes’ Square; those who arrive at the finish line can use the services of Athletes Garden.
You may register online by 12th August 2017 and then in person until 24th August in our Budapest office in Maratonman Óbuda runners shop.
You’ll find registration fees and deadlines HERE.
According to the 2017 regulations of the Hungarian Triathlon Union, participation in the individual race is subject to a subscription/racing license. Individual subscription costs HUF 4.000. You can subscribe or activate your license at http://intranet.triatlon.hu/egyeni .
We accept the license of foreign athletes activated in their home country. If they don’t have a license, they can subscribe or activate their license online or on site for HUF 4.000.
The subscription/racing license’s subscribe is not obligartory for the relay racers!
Receiving the starting package:
- You can get your starting number, chip and starting package the week of the race (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) in Budapest in Maratonman Óbuda Runners Shop (3 Pacsirtamező street 1036 Budapest, Hungary).
- You can also get your starting package right before the race on Saturday in the race center at the Heroes’ Square. Further more on Sunday morning from 05:00 – 07:00 am you can get your starting package at the Heroes’ Square.
- The rental fee of the chip is HUF 1.000
- If you don’t have your own chip, you can rent one for a deposit of HUF 1.000 when you are given your starting number.
- You will find the telephone numbers of the bicycle service on duty during the race and the ambulance on the back of your starting number.
Handing out bicycles after the race:
Bicycles will be handed out from the depot (Heroes’ Square) at the end of the race from 12:00 in the order of arrival. We can only hand out bicycles in exchange for starting numbers. Please, be patient.
Bicycle repairs and service:
Before and during the race, Bike Art Center cycling shop will provide you with repairs and service. Anyone can have an annoying technical problem or a puncture when cycling. Do not forget to have your bike checked by the technicians at the central service point. It is free of charge.
The central service point is open during the race but if you have a technical problem while you are cycling, call the mobile service that help our athletes in the cycling course.
Opening hours of the central service point:
- 12:00-20:00 on Saturday in the race center at the Heroes’ Square
- 07:00-09:00 on Sunday at the swimming venue at Lake Lupa
It makes sense to visit the massage tents as early as on Saturday or on Sunday before the start because our sport masseurs can also put on kinesiology tapes by courtesy of Oriolus Med. Kinesiology tape improves performance, helps regeneration and the healing of minor injuries.
After the race, those who arrive in the finish line can have quick massage of maximum 10 minutes in the order of arrival in the tent set up in the Athletes Garden free of charge.
There is and attended parking lot at the swimming venue at Lake Lupa. You can also park your car at Ötvenhatosok tere, near the finish line area at Heroes’ Square.
The entrance of companions and athletes to the swimming venue:
Companions can enter the beach at the swimming venue and stay there until the swimming is over free of charge.