1. As a participant of Budapestman triathlon race, I accept and observe the rules and regulations of the organizers and the Hungarian Triathlon Union.
2. Organizers only assume responsibility for bicycles left in the depot for racing. Organizers are entitled to take photographs of the bicycles when being placed in the depot in order to be able to identify bicycles and owners.
Organizers do not assume any responsibility for any other objects or technical equipment left in Depot 1 at Lake Lupa.
Athletes can only put running shoes, running clothes and personal refreshments into the package (bag) when putting their running equipment into the depot. Organizers do not assume any responsibility for any other technical equipment (including watches, digital instruments, etc.).
The athlete represents that she/he has become familiar with, and understood, the rules of placing equipment in the depot and will observe such rules. At the end of the race, the organizers will transport the belongings of the athletes placed in bags in Depot 1 at Lake Lupa to Depot 2 at Heroes’ Square. Athletes can collect their swimming equipment and bicycles from 12:00 in the order of arrival from Depot 2 at Heroes’ Square.
3. I hereby represent that I start in the race at my own responsibility and I have prepared for the chosen event both physically and mentally.
4. I give my consent to the publication of photographs taken of me during the event. I acknowledge that security cameras may record me in and around the depots and the race center.
- Budapestman individual triathlon age limit: only athletes who have turned 18 by the day of the race; so those born after 27.08.1999 are not allowed to register!
- Budapestman relay triathlon age limits: only athletes who have turned 14 by the day of the race; so those born after 27.08.2003 are not allowed to register!
- Budapestrun 10K Rádió 1 round age limits: only athletes who have turned 12 by the day of the race; so those born after 27.08.2005 are not allowed to register!
- Budapestrun LADIES age limits: only athletes who have turned 12 by the day of the race; so those born after 26.08.2005
- Budapestrun JUNIOR age limit: only those born between 27.08.2002 and 26.08.2013 are allowed to register!
- 4-6-year-old athletes can register for: 400 meters
- 7-8-year-old athletes can register for: 700 meters
- 9-10-year-old athletes can register for: 1000 meters
- 10-11-year-old athletes can register for: 1300 meters
- 12-14-year-old athletes can register for: 1500 meters
6. I accept that my registration and wristband is not transferable and only becomes valid after paying the registration fee. Organizers can only accept withdrawals of registrations before 28 July 2017 and will pay back 80% of the registration fee to me.
Valid registrations cannot be taken over with any reason whatsoever to next year or to any future race. The only exception is if the organizers decide to cancel/postpone the race and announce a new date.
In the case of a withdrawal no registration fees will be paid back After 28 July 2017. It is the athlete’s responsibility to observe the deadline of paying the registration fee. It is the date of the amount arriving at the account of the organizers that counts.
In the case of a default payment, paying the difference is necessary for a registration to become valid.
Organizers don’t accept if you run the race with a different starting number or under a different name. This behavior can lead to extremely unpleasant situations. Your result is taken into consideration in the championship and the league table and may influence all the athletes finishing after you in a negative way.
You can only place your equipment in the depot with your own starting number.
7. I accept and observe the rules and regulations of parking on the day of the race in the interest of both myself and my fellow athletes. I acknowledge and understand that my relatives cannot follow me by car in the bicycle course and, in the case of violating this rule, the referees can immediately disqualify me from the race.
I will keep the regulations of the Hungarian Traffic Code (Joint Decree No 1/1975. (II.5.) of the Ministry of Post and Traffic and the Ministry of Interior). I acknowledge and understand that the bicycle course is not a traffic free zone and other cyclists and drivers may ride and drive there. I will keep the instructions of the referees and traffic coordinators in the cycle course in order to preserve my health.
I will keep speed limits and the regulations of the waste zones.
8. I acknowledge and understand that the organizers are entitled to change the race into a duathlon, cancel any event or change the distances thereof. If the race cannot be held due to the weather or a natural disaster, organizers will not pay back my registration fee. Organizers reserve the right to change programs, sites and courses at any time.
9. I acknowledge and understand that I can only take my prize at raffles in person, showing my starting number. In case I’m not on site, the given object or trip will be drawn again.
10. Participants of the race can take their starting numbers a few days before the race as announced but they must take it 2 hours before the start of the race on Sunday, at 08:00 in the race center at Lake Lupa the latest. The race center will open at 08:00 on Sunday.
11. My data sent at my registration are true and valid and I give my consent to storing and using such data in the event; the organizers can send newsletters and text messages to the addresses and phone number I gave.
12. I prepare for the race using only legitimate means, I do not use substances listed in the valid doping list of the Hungarian Olympic Committee and I’m ready to give samples to controllers after the race. In case I refuse to do so, I may be disqualified from the race.
13. Organizers can close, or temporarily suspend, online and personal registration at any time.
14. A technical meeting is organized on the day before the race, the participation in which is not compulsory but strongly recommended. I acknowledge and understand that I’m not entitled to enforce any claim that results from not knowing, or not completely knowing, any information I may have learnt, if I had participated in this event.
15. I hereby acknowledge and understand that the organizers may take my starting number, remove me from the course and refuse to pay back my registration fee in the case of any unfair conduct on my side.
I hereby acknowledge and understand that a mutual respect and acceptance of one another is an unalienable part of the spirituality of the Budapestman race and the organization personnel (traffic controllers, volunteers, people working in the refreshment stations etc.) work along this principle. Physical violence, spitting, and obscene language, message or letter sent to, or used against, the organization personnel result in immediate disqualification, and the registration of an athlete disqualified for such conduct will not be accepted for any further events organized by Budapestman Kft.
16. In case of using the mobile bicycle repair and service, I will pay the cost of the materials used in such service after the race.
17. The relay is allowed that place which the organizers define for the relay racers!